9.00 to 13.00h CEST
CSIC Brussels Office & Online
About this interactive workshop
Healthy Cloud brings together members of the EU Commission, project partners, and external stakeholders.
8.50 – 9.00 Coffee & registration
9.00 – 9.10 Welcome
- Juan González, Bio-Computing Unit manager at IACS and co-coordinator of HealthyCloud,
- Salvador Capella, Life Sciences Group Leader at Barcelona Supercomputing Centre and co-coordinator of HealthyCloud.
9.10 – 10.10 Researching the future HIRC: the missing pieces. Researchers’ point of view.
- Ricard Martínez, Universitat de València
- Maria Luisa Lavitrano, Director of the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC).
- Roselien Pas, Data Protection Manager at the Belgian Cancer Registry
10.10 – 11.10 Policy challenges: building the future of health data sharing in Europe. Views on the Health Research and Innovation Cloud (HRIC) from EU Commission General Directorates.
- Jerome de Barros, Policy Officer in Digital Health at the European Commission DG Health and Food Safety (Santé)
- Christina Kyriakopoulou, Scientific officer at the European Commission DG Research and Innovation (RTD)
- Saila Rinne, Head of eHealth and Ageing Policy- DG Communications Networks, Content and Technology (Connect)
11.10 – 11.20 Coffee break
11.20 – 12.20 Responding to the challenges of health data sharing: a draft proposal. Healthy Cloud point of view.
- Steve Canham, Researcher at the European Clinical Research Infrastructure Network (ECRIN)
- Q&A with the audience facilitated by researchers from ECRIN, ELIXIR and EATRIS
12.20 – 13.00 Next steps towards the future HRIC. Closing debate
Rue du Trône, 62
Attend the event online
The online streaming Teams link here.
Q&A with Mentimeter
Online and in-person participants will have the opportunity to interact with our research and policy experts via Mentimeter.
Send your questions to our panel of experts: